1. Introduction to Risk Management and Drivers Definitions, Drivers, Benefits
2. The ISO 31000 processes: Key concepts, requirements and activities.
3. Practical exercises and case studies to enable delegates to consolidate their learnings and gain confidence in the risk management process.
4. Integrating Risk Management into a Business
Commitment, policy, reporting, risk management plans and continual improvement.
5. Personal Planning.
Skills and competencies are developed throughout the training by balancing theoretical knowledge with practical exercises to reinforce learnings.
Benefits of attending:
The Risk Management for Risk Champions course provides in-depth guidance on the implementation of risk management and ensures Risk Champions are equipped and confident to:
- Conduct risk management activities,
- Apply ERM principles in a consistent manner,
- Continually plan and implement risk management activities.
Who should attend?
Risk Champions and Risk Managers.
Personnel responsible for developing and conducting risk management processes.
About the Presenter
Vanessa Thurlwell (BA Hons) has 11 years of experience in Risk Management, primarily Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity Management graduated in 2000 with a BA in Geography and Psychology and Honours in Environmental Management from UKZN. Vanessa has held positions in Health, Safety and Environmental Management for BHP Billiton, Strategic Risk Consulting for Alexander Forbes and headed ERM and ORM at IQ Business.
Vanessa has worked in many industries including mining, manufacturing, construction, retail, banking and insurance in various Southern African countries, Mauritius and Australia. Vanessa’s specialist skills include advisory and implementation at all phases of the risk management cycle, from analysing risk management maturity and conducting gap analyses against risk frameworks and regulations including King III, ISO 31000, developing risk appetite and risk management frameworks, facilitating risk management activities including risk assessments, reporting, control assessments and conducting training at all levels in an organisation.