This level of membership applies to those that meet the criteria of any one of the two routes below.
Route 1 (experience)
Applicant has a minimum of 10 years of Risk Management experience (refer to table below) with no formal qualification equivalent to an NQF Level 6 or higher qualification.
Route 2 (qualifications & experience)
Route 2A – Applicant has a minimum of 3 years of Risk Management experience (refer to table below) with a Risk Management qualification of an NQF (National Qualifications Framework) Level 6 or higher.
Route 2B – Applicant has a minimum of 5 years of Risk Management experience (refer to table below) with a relevant qualification (which is not necessarily focused on the Risk Management) qualification of an NQF Level 6 or higher.
Click here to download the Structure of Membership Grades and Accreditation Document. This lists the requirements for the different member levels and will guide you as to which level you should apply for.
Click here to complete your online Associate Membership application.
Applying for Membership:
Please complete the Associate application form online. The below scanned supporting documentation is required in order to process your application.
1. Recently Certified Copy of ID (SA Residents) or Certified Copy of Passport (Non SA Residents), Not older than 3 months.
2. Recently Certified Copies of Certificates of Highest Qualification/s
3. Detailed CV
4. Proof of Employment -a letter from employer stating position, date of commencement of employment, current dated, signed.
NON SA RESIDENTS:
- An additional bank charge of R250.00 will be added to the total of your application fee and subscription fee in order to cover all foreign exchange bank charges and/or other transaction fees.
- Your membership is renewable on an annual basis with renewal notices sent to members in February each year. Should you fail to renew your membership with IRMSA, or provide written cancellation thereof, the Department of Home Affairs will be notified accordingly.
Critical skills confirmation letter
Who can request this letter?
1. This letter can only be requested from IRMSA by paid up members.
Who do I email?
1. To request this letter, please email email@example.com
How long does it take to obtain the letter?
1. A Critical Skills Letter takes approximately 10-15 working days to process, dependent on the volume of requests received.
2. The letter will only be issued once payment and all supporting documentation has been received.
3. All supporting documentation needs to be sent in 1 consolidated email. Your request for this letter may be further delayed if documentation is sent in more than 1 email correspondence.
How much does the letter cost?
1. The cost for this letter is R500.00 ex VAT.
2. Please only make payment once you have a payment reference number as appears on the invoice.
What documentation must I submit to receive the letter?
1. Proof of payment using reference number stated on invoice.
2. Certified Copy of Passport, dated not older than 3 months.
3. Proof of Employment -a letter from employer stating position, date of commencement of employment, current dated, signed
4. Recently Certified Copies of Certificates of Highest Qualification/s, dated not older than 3 months.
5. Detailed up to date CV
Note: Further supporting information/documentation may be requested if required.
Members of the Society of Risk Managers
In view of updated accreditation guidelines, Members of the Society of Risk Managers who allowed their membership to lapse must now submit a new application for membership and cannot be automatically reinstated.
Should you require any further assistance or struggle to apply online, please contact Ntombi firstname.lastname@example.org