The Institute of Risk Management South Africa will host their Annual Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner on 26 October 2012 at Gallagher Estate, Midrand.
The purpose of the awards programme is to acknowledge, encourage and celebrate excellence within the risk management sector. The event recognises and rewards South Africa’s top risk management professionals who have made a significant contribution and/or the best risk management initiatives within different industries.
The occasion is also used to thank our corporate members for their ongoing support.
Nominations should include one or more of the following:
1. A specific outstanding achievement in any discipline of risk management for the period June 2011 to the closing date for nominations.
2. Supports one or a combination of the ISO 31 000 Evaluation Principles.
3. Ongoing contribution to the risk management industry (i.e. speaking engagements, editorial or writing of notes for risk management or other trade magazines, training interventions and/or education initiatives).
4. Development of new or innovative concepts to enhance or promote the discipline of risk management.
5. Outstanding creativity, expertise and experience in managing the risk portfolio of an organisation, and the ability to demonstrate the added value of a risk management programme.
As the professional body of risk management in South Africa, we believe that risk management initiatives are based on sound risk management principles which in turn will lead to sustainable practice within the industry.
The judges comprise of members of the IRMSA Executive Committee and experts from the risk management industry. ISO 31000 principles will be used as a guideline by the evaluation committee during the evaluation process.
Risk management in its enterprise-wide, all-risks concept should be the focus for all awards, however all disciplines within the risk arena are eligible. IRMSA Executive Committee Members (i.e. in their individual capacity) who held office during 2011/12 and/or are currently in office are not eligible to enter these awards.Membership of IRMSA is not a pre-requisite for nominations; however practitioners and companies are encouraged to become members.Individual Awards: This award is open to any individual participating in the discipline of risk management, based in and working primarily within the borders of South Africa.Industry Specific Awards: This award is open to any entity within South Africa that has a formal Risk Management Committee/Board.
Please note the following, before submitting your application: All information on the Nomination/Entry Form must be completed in full and attached to the submission.Applications for individual nominees must include an electronic photograph and brief curriculum vitae of the individual.Applications for a company/entity must include a summary of the company/entity.Entries must be in a report format with an executive summary as the introduction. The report should be a maximum of 10 A4 pages, which includes Annexures and any testimonials or supporting documents. The final date for submissions is close of business on 3 September 2012. Finalists will be notified by 17 September 2012 and may be invited to an interview by the judges for a final selection round.When applying on behalf of a nominee, please ensure that the nominee’s details are provided, in the event that the judges may need to make contact for clarification purposes.Please ensure that you select the appropriate category of the individual award and industry specific award, i.e.
- Risk Manager of the year (all industries)
- "Rookie”/ Up and Coming Risk Manager of the Year (all industries)
- Agriculture Risk Initiative
- Environmental Sector Risk Initiative
- Financial Services Risk Initiative
- Health Care Risk Initiative
- Information Systems Risk Initiative
- Mining, Resources, Construction, Engineering & related services Risk Initiative
- Public Sector Risk Initiative
- Retail, Hospitality and Related Services Risk Initiative
- Telecoms Risk Initiative
Winners will receive recognition in the local press and industry publications, and must be prepared to accept speaking engagements related to their award, as requested by the category sponsor and IRMSA.
USE THE NOMINATION FORM ON THIS PAGE TO SUBMIT YOUR SUBMISSION TO IRMSA